Gates is a leading manufacturer of high-tech belts to the automotive and industrial markets.
High-quality materials and advanced product features optimise performance, increase product lifetime and bring maintenance costs to a reassuring low.
Gates’ belts are all characterised by one or more of the following unique characteristics:
- Aramid fibre reinforced rubber compound, to better resist wear and ensure smooth sliding in the variator pulleys.
- Advanced chemical treatment of the tensile members, to assure improved bonding between cord and rubber and guarantee longer belt life and high shock resistance.
- Unique rubber compounds, to offer optimum resistance to the highest and lowest temperatures and to thermic load under friction.
- Consistent production processes, to ensure dimensional accuracy.
- Manufactured in Gates’ European facilities, all certified to the highest quality and safety and environmental standards
- No toxic chemical components, in compliance with the relevant European directives.
Available in three different constructions to meet the most varied requirements:
1) STANDARD: with aramid reinforced rubber compound to improve durability.
2) KEVLAR: with aramid reinforced rubber compound and extra strong aramid tensile members to maximise acceleration, shock load resistance and service life.
3) DOUBLE NOTCH: with state-of-the art EPDM compound, extra strong aramid tensile members and Double Notch construction to guarantee extra high performance, particularly suited for high displacement vehicles.